Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My kindred spirit...

I worked with Barbara for about 4 years at Boyle & Stoll, CPAs in the early 90's. We made an instant connection with easy laughter and a "real life" sense of spirit. What fun we had with discovering this new thing called the "internet!" Should Boyle & Stoll get a "storefront?" How should we get in the game?

I got to be a part of her children's lives through her daily stories about their antics (I had babies then, so it gave me a great glimpse into things to come.) Mt family bought her swing set from her - and just gave it away to another budding family a few months ago.

I had lunch with Barbara a few months ago and didn't recognize her when she first walked through the restaurant door (it had been quite a while since we had last seen each other). But as soon as she donned that dazzling smile, it all came back to me. At that time, she was optimistic about the future and in such good spirits. I feel blessed to have reconnected with her when I did, and to get one more dose of this beautiful woman before she passed away. I will sorely miss your kindred spirit, Barb, but will hold you in my memory always.

Katheryn

No comments:

Post a Comment