Monday, June 7, 2010

Barbara and I met...
... through the insurance industry. She and I would often sit together at meetings or share a ride to an out-of-town event related to our work.
When I found out that Barb's health kept her from fulfilling all of the duties of her work, I offered my help. Whenever she (or Graham) asked, I would assist.

But my real work for her was taking her away from it all, out into nature. We went to the boardwalk at Doran Beach. This was new to her, as was the marble sculpture (Dancing Whales) by Warren Arnold. We nestled down in the sling chairs I had brought, and covered with layers of blankets, Barbara sat and watched, and smiled. It was obvious, how much she enjoyed the outing.
Other times, we would go to Ragle Park, walk the Peace Garden, and take a little stroll. The last time we went there, one day after her birthday, we found a myriad of wildflowers; birds were singing. She loved it.
I wished we had gone more often!
In loving memory,
Lilo Kangas

No comments:

Post a Comment